Sunday, June 27, 2010

the theater


On Wednesday June 23rd we talked about the theater. We discussed the many types of plays and musicals. We looked at some different sets and scenes from operas. We discussed the people involved in putting on a show, similar to a movie with a few differences. We also talk a little about different shows we have been to. I have been to several productions here in Columbia and I have been to two Broadway musicals: The Lion King and Chicago.
I have a close friend named Trey who does a lot of stage lighting here in Columbia. He graduate from USC about a year ago with a degree in Theater Performance and he currently works for the Columbia City Ballet doing there lighting. He has a hard job, which he has tried to explain to me repeatedly but I still get so confused by all that he is responsible for!! YAY TREY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment