Sunday, June 27, 2010

hair!



On Thursday June 24th, the class met at the Trustus Theater in the Vista to see Hair. I have been to Trustus once before for a album release concert for a local band. So I have seen the theater but I didn't have a very good idea of how one could work the stage to where it could have a set and scenery, as well as room for several actors. The show was very good. It would be called musical theater due to the transition between spoke lines and songs. The play tells the story of a band of hippie type youths in the 1960s who are seeking to reject mainstream culture and create a counter-culture. The main enemy to their dream of peace is the war and the government. We follow the group as they fight the man and fight for peace.
The performance was very interesting but since I'm not exactly in tune with the 1960s some things went a little over my head. But hey, I could still appreciate the cool songs and the sweet, long hair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment